Dear Sir/ Madam
On the occasion of World Environment Day 2016, Nagarik Mancha has taken an initiative of holding a Program of “PARIBESH CHARCHA NANA MADHYAME” ( an environmental culture from different angle) on 7th and 8th June, 2016 from 2pm to 8pm at SharatSmritiSadan, Rasbehari Avenue (near Ballyganj Triangular Park), Kolkata-29 .This initiative is in associationwith andin patronage of some other organisations : Inititive For Healthy Environment And Culture(IFHEC), Third Eye Photography, ChakdahaBiggan O SanskriticSanstha, BigganAnwesak, EMPATHY, ParibeshBandhab Mancha- Barrackpur, Calcutta Ahead, Sabuj Mancha and others.
The program will be inaugurated by the eminent environmental Scientist ShriDhrubajyoti Ghosh at 3 pm on the 1stday( 7th.June/Tuesday).Shri SujayBasu has kindly consented to adorn the chair as Chief Guest .
Our other Special guests of Honour are :
KalyanRudra,Debashis Kumar, ArunavaMazumdar, S.P. Sinha Roy,Pradip Kr. Sikdar, AshisMazumdar, Aniruddha Mukherjee, KrishanuChakravorty, TusharChakravorty, Subhas Dutta, Samar Bagchi,Meher Engineer, JayantaBasu,DulalBasu, Subrata Ghosh , Rabin Mazumdar, Milan Dutta, SuvenduDasgupta, Biswajit Mukherjee, Subhashis Mukherjee, SmtSaswati Sen and others.
The Events and Performances in two days’ program include:
7th June,2016( Tuesday) 3pm to 8pm
- 1)Inauguration of the Program
- 2)Inauguration of Prof.Dr.Pradip Kumar Sikdar’s book on Ground water ( Bengali Version by ManindraNath Mukherjee)
- 3)Speech by environmental experts
- 4)M.N. mukherjee’s statement of experience in translating Prof Sikdar’s Book ( with Recitation by Shri Purnendu Roy)
- 5)Discussion on GROUNDWATER RESOURCE ASSESSMENT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF WEST BENGAL, Panel Members: Dr.S.P.Sinha Roy. Prof.Aniruddha Mukherjee. Prof KalyanRudra, Prof P.K.Sikdar,Sri Subhas Dutta
- 6)Showing of Documentary Film on Ganga The “Prabaha” Directed by Pamela Mukhopadhyay (IFHEC)
- 7)Exhibition of environment oriented Photos, Posters and Paintings
8th June,2016 (Wednesday) 2pm to 8pm
Sri Biswajit Mukherjee, will preside over the Program
- 1)Exhibition and performances by different Organisations
- 2)Workshop on Producing Handmade Paper: Demonstrator: AnupamChakravarty(3pm to 4pm).
- 3)3) Discussion on Politics on Environment: the conflicts of Developed, Un-developed and Under-developed Countries. And discussion on environmental issues as appeared in the Book “Bipanna Paribesh-2016” published by Nagarik Mancha. (4pm to 5-30pm): [ Panel Members : AshisMazumdar, Milan Dutta, SuvenduDasgupta, Subhasis Mukherjee
- 5)Drama on Environmental aspect (6 pm to 6.30 pm)
Common on both the days:
- Exhibition of Environment oriented Books, posters, photographs etc. on both the days
- Exhibition of Organic Food/ Agro products on both the days.
You are cordially invited to participate in the Program and your environment oriented presentation is welcome.
(a) PabanMukherjee- 9831318265
(b) Dr.BiplabBasu- 9831636817
(c) Manindra Mukherjee-9635912049